7/28/09

The post office doesn't want me published

I think I've lost confidence in the USPS. You know who they are? The postal service? Rain, nor slow, nor even sleet and all that fancy talk? Or maybe it's the particular post office I used? Dunno.

Why, you ask? I just received confirmation that a partial I sent out for Midian never reached its destination. Fortunately, this very nice agent is cool with, and actually prefers that I resend it via eMail. Shame, that I didn't know that before I shipped it off.

But it doesn't stop there. Last year, I shipped off a query with accompanying chapters and synopsis to a well known editor of a well known publishing house. I had met this editor at the SCBWI conference in New Jersey last year. There's been no response and she always responds. It may take time, but she responds. Common thread? Snail mail from this same post office.

Argh!!!! From now on, everything goes via eMail, if possible. If I have to send via snail mail, I'm shelling out the extra cashola for delivery confirmation. Oh, and I'll definitely use a different post office.

3 comments:

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

lesson learned, Jay.

I always do delivery confirmation. (course last time it didn't matter. I doubt the other four places had even glanced at my manuscript before Wido offered me a contract. They did it in three weeks.)

Jay said...

:-( Lesson most definitely learned. :-)

Ralene said...

I hate it when that happens. That is one reason I love the technology age. :P