7/22/09

The Muse Returns

Short entry tonight, but I'm feeling pretty darned excited. The "idea muse" came to me last night and told me to set Midian aside for a while and focus on something else. And then she told me about someone in a city high school, someone who is not quite human (no, this person is NOT a vampire).

Said person knows he is not human, and in fact knows plenty of folks who aren't human, but they all play human roles for reasons only known to them. I see "non-human" support groups. I see one of those political wonks in the mayor's circle as the bad guy, one who will put all our non-human friends at risk.... for his or her own motivations.

I see.... the YA urban fantasy I've been dying to write. This is way cool - I need to go hang with the muse a bit tonight and see where she leads me.

3 comments:

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

awesome, Jay!!! Write away! Did you submit Midian yet?

Jay said...

Thanks, Tamara. And, yes, I have! And now I wait.... and wait.... It's all about patience, isn't it?

Ralene said...

The internet didn't like me yesterday, so I wasn't able to post my comment. Grrr...

Yay for the return of the muse! Sometimes we just need a little time away for something new. I'm excited that you're getting back to it.